The end of one process is only the start of another: waste as a resource and not an end product -
Seacourt are a family owned business who has been trading concurrently since 1946. It wasn't until 1996 we realised the significant environmental damage the printing industry is responsible for. Over the last 17 years, we have taken our company from a standard "dirty" printer to become the first closed loop, Zero Waste printing company in the World.
Seacourt is now known for its radical approach to the environment, we were one of the very first printing firms to achieve EMAS certification in 1999, an accreditation renowned for its high standards and stringent demands. Our company has been recognised as ‘one of the top three leading environmental printers in the world' by a worldwide printing association, and we have gone onto win THREE coveted Queen's Award for Sustainable Development.
Hover over each of the flower’s petals to find out more.
heading goes here
Waterless Printing is the ultimate environmentally friendly printing process and produces a higher quality of print than lithography, with brighter colours, sharper dots and finer screen rulings possible.
The actual process is exactly the same as offset lithography, except we no longer use and pollute vast amounts of fresh, finite water. We print using silicone coated plates which save us using water in the printing process and therefore extremely nasty chemicals, such as Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) that produce VOC emissions, which seriously harm all living things.
Awards & Accreditations -
At Seacourt, we are very proud to have received a number of awards and accreditations in recognition of our environmental approach towards the printing industry.
- WINNER Queen's Award for Excellence: Sustainable Development 2016 (3rd QA)
- WINNER Invented world first revolutionary LightTouch printing process 2015
- WINNER UK Water Efficiency Awards 2014 – Water efficiency in Business and Industry
- WINNER Gold ZERO waste award 2014 – ZERO waste awards 2014
- WINNER Guardian Sustainable Business Awards 2013
- WINNER Queen's Award for Excellence: Sustainable Development 2011
- WINNER Waste Reduction Award Environmental Pioneer Awards 2010
- WINNER UK Sustainable Business - THE Environment and Energy Awards 2010
- MAJOR COMMENDATION BCE Environmental Leadership Awards 2009
- WINNER European EMAS Award 2008
- WINNER Queen's Award for Excellence: Sustainable Development 2007
- WINNER Green Apple Environmental Awards 2006: Green Champion
- WINNER European Business Awards 2006: UK Nomination
- WINNER Oxfordshire Business Awards 2005: Environmental Category
- WINNER Liveable City Awards 2005: Contribution to Air Quality
- WINNER SEEDA Business Awards 2004: Sustainable Business (South East)
- WINNER Oxfordshire Sustainable Business of the Year 2004